A manicure is one of the most basic types of nail services. First, a clear base coat is applied, allowed to dry, then applies two to three coats of polish. Once the colour dries, a clear topcoat is applied.
Your manicure may last up to a week, depending on how rigorously you use your hands. Nail polish can be removed using a cotton ball and nail polish remover.
This is a great alternative to Gel Polish Manicure, it is better for your hands as you don’t have to put them in acetone but it not as shiny but the drawbacks are doesn’t last anywhere near as long. You will need to be much more careful with your nails, trying to avoid the dreaded chip!
With Gel and Acrylic nails being very popular, with acrylic being particularly harmful to your natural nail bed. It is a great idea to have natural manicure once in a while.
Natural Manicure Process
- Trim hangnails. – Using small nail scissors, clean up any ragged skin around the nail. Do not cut cuticles (the delicate area where the skin meets the nail), as they help protect the nail bed from infection.
- Soften rough skin -Soak hands in a basin of warm water.
- Push back cuticles – Using an angle-tipped nail stick, gently push the cuticles back toward the base of the nail, clearing the nail surface for buffing.
- Shape nails.- Using a nail file, shape nails into squares with rounded corners, which makes them more resistant to cracks and tears. To avoid misshapen or split nails, file in one direction only — no sawing back and forth.
- Buff nails to a shin – Using a smooth-surfaced buffing block or buffing disk (not a filing block, which will scuff nails), buff the entire surface of nails using a side-to-side motion.
- Moisturise and massage- As a final step, rub hands with moisturising cream and massage.
If you would like a natural manicure or a normal manicure with polish (not gel) book your appointment now on 01908 318955
Message me on Facebook for booking and questions
Full Natural Manicure with Polish………………………..£20
Gel Nail Polish Removal with Natural Manicure…….£23