The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day, which adds up to about 115,000 miles over a lifetime! All this wear and tear on your feet can be harmful if they are not maintained properly.
Pedicures are a great way to provide basic care for your feet. What is a pedicure? A pedicure is a cosmetic treatment for the feet and toenails that cleans your feet, provides nail care and foot/calve massages. Contrary to popular belief, pedicures are NOT just for women! They are for anyone to take care of their feet.
Benefits of Getting a Pedicure
Of course, there is an obvious cosmetic benefit to getting your toenails done—they look clean and pretty—but there are also numerous health benefits.
- Pretty Feet – Look after your feet in the winter like you do in the summer
- Circulation – The foot massage that comes with pedicure services helps to stimulate circulation in the feet. Buffing your nails doesn’t just make them look nice and shiny but is also important to stimulate blood flow to the area. Blood carries nutrients which are vital for nail health and growth.
- Hard Skin -The removal of calluses on the feet can prevent the formation of pressure points from uneven weight distribution. Your therapist is able to scrub and exfoliate your feet to help soften and scrape off dead dry skin especially around the heel and big toe area.
- Prevent Ingrowing Toenails – nails trimmed by a skilled nail specialist can prevent ingrown toenails
- Cuticles – Overgrown dead cuticle can make your nails and feet look dry and untidy. Your therapist pushes back your cuticles and gently scrape off any dead cuticle off your nail plate which in turn leaves your nail plate tidy and clean and ready for some polish.
- Silky Smooth Feet! Most therapists will also use a good moisturiser on your feet
Convinced? Anyone who has never indulged in a pedicure before will be amazed at how fantastic feet feel after just minutes of the professional treatment.
A good pedicure should leave feet as comfortable and light as walking on air wearing feather socks. Feet often get little care compared to faces and even hands so this treatment really makes a huge difference.
Regular pedicures not only help keep feet looking pretty, they also keep nails trimmed, calluses controlled and skin moisturised. In addition, a foot massage helps to relieve tension and stimulate circulation.
Call 01908 318955 to make your Appointment
If you prefer to book online or you have any questions -please message me on Facebook